Having a website and social media presence has become an absolute necessity in today’s day-in-age. Recently, our researchers put together an interesting infographic demonstrating the benefits of having a website.
The most common excuses for not having a website include: Too Expensive, Too Complicated, Lack of Technical Abilities, etc. Although these are common beliefs it actually is quite easy and very affordable to start a website. There are many different ways to build a site and many different hosting providers; however, we wanted to create a guide for beginners that would take you step-by-step through the process.
If you follow our detailed guide you will be able to have a nice looking website online in a matter osf minute. The process of starting a website is actually quite similar to starting a blog; however, Bluehost offers a variety of free web design tools so today we will cover how to setup a site using Weebly. Time Magazine named Weebly one of the 50 Top websites on the internet and described the site builder as, a “website building tool for non-techies that offers a one-step process” for setting up a website.
(Video) Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Website – Beginners Guide
How to Setup a Website – Step-by-Step Guide:
- Step 1: There are several hosting providers that you can use when creating a website. BestWebHostingGeek.com outlines and reviews several different web hosting providers. Our team of experts consider these to be (in our opinion) the best web hosting providers on the web.
- Step 2: Although the choice of host is ultimately up to you, we highly recommend using Bluehost! We have partnered with this great web hosting provider and are able to offer you an exclusive discount as a result. To enable this $3.95/month promo rate simple click on our exclusive Bluehost partner link. (partner link)
- Step 3: We wanted to be able to show you and walk you step-by-step through the process to eliminate all possible confusions and used Bluehost in our guides. Should you wish to follow along, we highly suggest you sign up for Bluehost hosting. After clicking on the Bluehost partner link above you will be taken to their website. Click on the big “Sign Up Now” button to start that process.
- Step 4: Under “I Need a Domain Name” you are welcome to create your own unique website name. This name can be anything ranging from your business name or a new brand name (ex. SocialCoaster.com). As long as the domain is available you may choose any name you wish. After doing so you may continue by hitting the “Next” button.
- Step 5: Fill out all the required account and billing information. Bluehost.com is one of the largest and most reputable companies on the internet and secures your private information so you can rest assured your confidential information is safe and protected. Hit the “Next” button to continue.
Tip: No need to pay for the extra upgrades. The basic $3.95/month hosting plan will give you everything you need. Hopefully this tip will save you a bit of $$.
- Step 6: After completing this easy registration process Bluehost will e-mail your account details to the e-mail address that you used while registering. Please remember/write down your username and password. We will use this information to login in future steps.
- Step 7: After receiving your account information, visit Bluehost.com and click on the “Control Panel Login” button in the upper right hand corner. Once you click on this button you will have the opportunity to enter your unique username and password and then hit “Login“.
- Step 8: You have now successfully logged into your hosting account and are very close to having your new website online. At the top you will see a button that says, “Hosting“, please click that button. Your control panel will now be displayed and you simply need to click on the button that says, “Weebly” to begin building a website
- Step 9: Weebly designed their website builder in a way that people with no technology experience can build a site in a matter of minutes. Simply follow the on screen directions and custom the site as you wish and your site will automatically be added.
- Step 10: Once you finish completing your website you can share it with friends, family, and/or customers. Your site will be viewable on the domain name that you sign up with.
Tip: Building a website is fun and there are always ways new things you can add to your site. I highly recommend you dive right into the process and build your first site. Overtime you can make changes and improve your site as you continue to learn.
As you can see it actually is very easy to create a website. If you follow our guide step-by-step you will have your site up and running in a matter of minutes. Should you have no desire to create your own website and want to hire a top-notch web designer, I always recommend LouderThanWordsDesign.com! Heather is one of the best designers I know and if you let her know that Jonathan Burdon sent you, she may even give you a small discount 😉
Also, don’t forget about our exclusive Bluehost partner link. (partner link). Clicking on this link will enable a discounted rate and will save you during this process.